Thursday, April 15, 2010

TGIF eve!

I like quotes...I like quotes a lot. Sometimes, it is just the way the words are used; sometimes, it is the meaning behind them...but quotes make my heart smile.

I read this one in one of my Printing Magazines (p38 CANVAS December 2009)
"I told you, it's Friday. But for me, everyday is Friday. There is something about people's moods on Fridays. Look around; if this was Tuesday, people would be different. If everybody acted on Tuesday like they did on Friday, we would all be a hell of a lot less ticked off all the time."

This is now hanging in my cubicle as a reminder.

I think that is something to aspire to. When it comes down to it, my mood, it is determined by me. I can not always control my emotions (I've tried and failed) but I can control how I react to them. I can choose to look for the good in everything. For example, I was mowing my yard - with a push-mower - the other day...I do not enjoy this. However, I decided that the sound of the motor was soothing, the sun on my shoulders felt amazing and I found something peaceful about the whole experience...and it all went better than usual. I didn't hate it as much. I hope I apply this mindset to more things in life...and the next time I have to mow my yard.

Biblical support:
2 Cor. 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Great post :) I agree: attitude makes such a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete